KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
QUEENSBURY TUNNEL

Good Evening ex-pupils,

I received an email from one of our fellow KBGS pupils this morning in which he requested that anyone, who felt it appropriate, would support the following link to a Petition relating to the provision of a cycleway through the former Queensbury Tunnel. Most of the former GN track-bed has already been converted for this use: So why not Queensbury Tunnel (to complete the original route?

Tony Peart, had he been with us now, would have been one of the first signatories, and I hope that all former pupils, and especially those who travelled on the old GN line to School, will also support the Petition.

That apart, with the focus on 'Heath and Exercise' in today's world; more safe cycling (and running) tracks are essential! So what could be a better Petition to support than this?

Please feel free to share the following with anyone interested in a 'Healthy Lifestyle' in the hope that they will support the Petition:

(IF THE LINKS DON'T WORK, JUST TYPE THEM INTO YOUR 'SEARCH ENGIN' AND SIGN!

My thanks in anticipation of your support for this most-worthwhile Petition:

Subject: Petition for Queensbury tunnel

Hi cycling friends. Please can I ask a big favour and ask you to sign this petition to save Queensbury tunnel and keep it open for future generations of cyclists.
There is a very short youtube clip well worth watching.
We are about 43 signatures short of being able to present it to Highways England.
I would be very grateful if you could forward on to your fellow cycling friends.
God Bless
Richard Kunz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JMHwIaF7pY

https://www.change.org/p/department-for-transport-securing-a-beneficial-future-for-queensbury-tunnel/sign

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 59-66

Current location (optional) Shoreham-by-Sea

Re: QUEENSBURY TUNNEL

David , as your item is just adjacent to "Name Dropping" I thought I would do a bit of "Tunnel Dropping " . As probably the only Australian owner of a tunnel in the UK . Half a Mile of beautiful Victorian brickwork in the Vale of Belvoir in Leicestershire . Not only that but Prince Charles knew the woods surrounding it when I spoke to him here in Tasmania a few years back

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 43-46

Current location (optional) Tasmania