KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Past and Present K.B.G.S pupils who became "Famous. "

Well from our 'lot' Kevin Hawkins was for a time Director of the Government quango 'The Retail Consortium' and often appeared on TV. I actually bumped into him maybe 8 - 10 years ago at a conference where he gave a paper on genetically modified foods. At that time he was Director of Communications for Safeway Supermarkets, and before that had been a director of WH Smith, and before that Midland region Director of The Confederation of British Industry.

Rick Battarbee was Professor of (I think) Environmental Geography at the University of London and also appeared on TV occasionally

Am I right that TV weather man Paul Hudson was an old boy ? And Alastair Campbell , adviser to Tony Blair ?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Re: Past and Present K.B.G.S pupils who became "Famous. "

Yes Brian, Paul Hudson was an old boy.
He was also a good cricketer and played with us at Ingrow St Johns.
He was always interested in the weather as a kid having his own weather forecasting equipment in his garden. I understand that all he wanted to do was be a weatherman. How many of us ended up doing what we really wanted to do, in life, as a youngster?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959-1964

Current location (optional) Keighley