KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Old photos

Thanks Allan for the lead to the Photos . I really enjoyed them , the street scenes were pretty well traffic free and I had forgotten the approaches to Victoria Park which was our where we had a go at tennis and puttting etc. There are fine shots of the school down North Street.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 43-46

Current location (optional) Tasmania

And some more photos here: http://www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/11715702.Keighley_News_readers_pinpoint_locations_in_old_photos_discovered_from_the_1960s/#gallery0

Thanks for those Allan. I have been collecting old Keighley photos for a while and have in excess of 800 on my computer. Many of the KBGS ones will be also on here. There is a Facebook group for those interested in Keighley Heritage here...https://www.facebook.com/groups/keighleyhistory/

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Many a retired person's hour can be spent by doing a Google Image search for Old Keighley. Surprisingly few detailed photos though of the old town centre between Bow Street and Low Street. Do you have any in your collection, Brian?

Quite a few Allan, but they're not school connected so I cant really post them on here.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

The photos library here has a section for Old Keighley. Maybe there? But only if others are interested.

Certainly interested if you can find the time Brian.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

Seconded

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana