KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: England Rugby

Glad to hear that one of our own ex-KBGS folk was there to see England beat Australia.
It's good to have any of our sports teams defeat Australia at anything.
I would, however, take you to task for one small thing, Trevor - the title "England Rugby".
As proud Yorkshiremen we know that there is a difference between real Rugby and Rugby Union.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

Just before that, time difference, I watched the All Blacks deal to Wales again, on Sky from Wellington. What an awful surface the Aami stadium has for the Rugby Test. It is a long time since I saw a pitch break up like that Trevor. At the same time I had another treat, I was able to record the Cats v Footscray and watched it this morning. It was shown here at the same time as the rugby match. Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Orewa, New Zealand.

I wont be satisfied until they have won the third one as well !

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

It depends where you live Shaun - in Oz Rugby IS Union and the lesser code is Rugby League. I know in Yorkshire it's the opposite terminology but - do I look bothered???

Current location (optional) Torquay, Australia

Yay we did it, a 3-0 Whitewash of the Aussies.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

WHOOOOHOOOO!!!!

Current location (optional) Torquay, Australia