KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Alaister Campbell wanted to play for Keighley RLFC

Better still if Bernie Ingham, Mrs T's opening blower, had chosen another career and taken his talents as a spinner to Vale Mills or Marriners where he might have achieved some productivity for a nation in short supply.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana

Didn't Campbell want to play on the right wing?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

Seems to me he did, Shaun.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958 - 65

Current location (optional) Dudley, West Midlands

I don't think right wing would have been politically correct. Anyway with Corbyn currently in charge of Labour he is unlikely to make even the subs bench! Although Milliband used his services, misguided as they are...

Certainly would not have been honoured by Her Majesty

Indeed. But did not Corbyn's current right hand John McDonnell make the oh so democratic comment that Mrs Thatcher should have been assassinated a few years ago.

Some might say more than a few.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55-60

Current location (optional) Harrogate

Well some other KBGS green and white militiamen would no doubt like to see Blair, Brown and Campbell perish in the same manner too for previous crimes about to engulf Keighley, Bradford and Halifax in ways so far not imagined.

In 1985 Oxford Dons voted 738 - 319 against awarding Thatcher an honorary doctorate.Sometimes the majority are right.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55-60

Current location (optional) Harrogate

Does "so far not imagined" mean the media and the commentariet haven't yet arrived at a suitable condemnation that is acceptable to their paymasters?

No Terry, just look at the Keighley News this week. Young Pakistani lad sent to prison for trying to hook Keighley people into a wicked and potentially fatal heroin addiction.

Some 14 Keighley Islamics still waiting to be sent to prison, for at least 10 years each, for having repeated sex with a 13-year-old sad white Keighley lassie. Our old school in the town center waiting to become a Islamic teaching center, with no government control.

All totally unimaginable when Holy Joe Watthey was headmaster at KBGS. By the way if I was an Oxford don I would vote Labour every time for sure! Great salaries, amazing gold plated pensions and early retirement. All of which is a long way from life in Keighley...not to say I don't like Timothy Taylors of course. It's my favourite tipple.

One question for my KBGS combatants, whom if I met them in the Boltmakers I would probably reach some kind of political agreement, is do the Islamics in Keighley drink in pubs ever; do they support the Keighley Cougars and do their womenfolk ever have relationships with white Keighley guys? Or are the Lawkeholme Lane virgins just reserved for their cousins in Islamabad....

Think I'm done with this site!!!!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds