KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Today's photo, 1948 under 14s

Some of the faces are familiar but I can't be sure except for the tall lad in the middle of the back row. I'm fairly sure that is Brian Midgely, better known as Ginger Midge, who went on to have a good career in the Police. On Arthur Bradwell's left shoulder it just might be Fred Farrar. Have a look at the photo of 2D which I posted a few months ago. I don't remember Fed as a footballer though. Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51`

Current location (optional) Orewa, NZ

Re: Today's photo, 1948 under 14s

Having looked at the photo for the umpteenth time I can name another two. Back row - far left is Robert Barrett, Front row, second from the right, is John Wetherill. Both were from Sutton. I can confirm that the tall lad in the centre of the back row is Brian Midgeley, known as "Ginger". He went on to become a Superintendent based at Odsal, Bradford. Sadly he passed away shortly after he retired from the Police.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1949 - 1954

Current location (optional) Bingley.