KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Motors

Thank you, Brian, for confirming that my memory isn't totally shot - an Anglia indeed.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

Re: Motors

Nice to have memories eh? My first car was a 1938 Morris 14, low slung, 4 doors which opened from the front. Had leather seats, front one was held up by a chain so it could drop back flat when the occasion demanded. The envy of my mates! I was in Aussie then in 1957 and I was 21. It cost me 40 pounds. I wasn't brave enough to take it too far so I didn't have it too long before I could afford an upgrade to a 1950 Morris 6. A big beast with grunt. I kept that for a year or two until 1960 when I bought my first new car a 1960 Hillman Special. I have had decent cars ever since, driving 6 cylinders for most of the last 50 years. Now in retirement we are down to one car and it is a smaller one to suit my wife. I must admit there is a huge difference in my petrol bill but I do miss my Nissan Maxima. Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Orewa, New Zealand.