KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Blazer badge

I think when I got there in 1958 the badges were in house colours and embroidered KBGS in an interwoven shield like pattern. Could have been only KGS though, as I probably wasn't paying attention!

Thanks Allan, it's taken me over 50 years to pay attention and yes, the stitched letters were in the House colours, in my case blue for Smith!

Current location (optional) Australia

I am certain that in my day the badge had the four letters KBGS. They were also in the house colours, in my case Yellow for Brigg.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1937-1944

Current location (optional) Huntingdon

The "photos" section carries a few from the early 1950s, in which the monogram KGS is clearly visible on blazer pockets. As the pictures are in monochrome, it's difficult to see if they were in House colours, or whether that system was used only briefly in the mid-to-late 50s.

During my first couple of terms in 1958, House colours (in my case the Longsden purple) were prominent on ties caps, badges and scarves. To the best of my recollection (by no means infallible!)the badge monogram didn't include letter B.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958 - 65

Current location (optional) Dudley, West Midlands