KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reunion 26 September 2015

A few of my pals from the group that started school in 1965 have thought it worth meeting up to celebrate fifty years since we entered the first form. We plan to meet at Keighley RUFC on 26th September 2015 from noon onwards and would be pleased to see anyone from that year who would like to join us. Our group is beavering away trying to contact everyone we can remember from a possibly incomplete list of over seventy boys so if any reader knows someone who began life in short trousers (or not) at the current site in 1965 use the email listed under location to contact me or post on here and I will be in touch.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1965-72

Current location (optional) paulanddebra@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Reunion 26 September 2015

Apologies Paul, even before I start, but KBGS ceased to exist when it moved to Oakbank in 1964 when it became 'Keighley School'.

A dreadful day for a great School but for the dates that you quote, the school was no-longer KBGS.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959 -1966

Current location (optional) Shoreham by Sea