KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Live music

Adam Faith! Yes! Had forgotten about him. The Stones were at a dance hall in Burnley, I think....The only Dylan I remember from Keighley days was the Magic Roundabout one....

The Stones appreared at Nelson Imperial Ballroom. On the same bill that night were the Nomads from Keighley. The Nomads were also booked to play at Nelson on the same bill as the Beatles. Unfortunately it was at the time that Beatlemania erupted and the gig had to be cancelled.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959-64

Current location (optional) Keighley

Yes, must've been Nelson, not Burnley. I do remember it was a ballroom and it was packed. From the back of the hall you could see very little apart from Mick's upper lip.

Jimi Hendrix at the Troutbeck Hotel, Ilkley, just before Purple Haze had us all 'acting funny, but don't know why'! And of course, all those London R&B bands at Bingley College of Education, when the chaps were not busy chasing the skirts...

Hendrix played the Troutbeck! Missed that one!

Check the T&A archives for a more in depth report. Including some Keighley girls who had it away with Jimi and the Experience!!! According to the lead groupie.

Also I think the gig was shortened by an intemperate police intervention.