KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous 2015

Likewise Brian. All the best to you and yours and all the Old Keighlians who make up this site. Also to Chris, many thanks again for a great job in providing and maintaining this site. Best Wishes to all from the Land of the Long White Cloud. Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Auckland, NZ

Why do they have Christmas when the shops are so busy ?

Current location (optional) Harrogate

I too pass on my greetings to all readers of this web site for a Happy Christmas and a Peaceful New Year. Not long to go now - less than seven hours. I have just returned indoors after watching the ISS traverse the skies above the village where I will be spending most of the Christmas period. I'd read in the paper this morning that at 5.20 pm Santa's sleigh would fly across the sky and I thought that I'd see if I could catch a glimpse. I picked it out quite easily - the sky was clear and the space station appeared to move relatively quickly. Watching it from my front garden, it was strange to think that I was looking at something the size of a football pitch and in it is a crew of six, two Americans, three Russians and an Italian. Nothing like that when I was a lad eh?

Current location (optional) Norfolk UK

Wonder if they had borscht. spaghetti and KFC for their Christmas dinner?

Current location (optional) Edinburgh

Well, I had a very enjoyable Prawn Madras (here on earth), Allan.
Bugger all that turkey crap!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958 - 65

Current location (optional) Dudley, West Midlands

My kind of curry too, Brian. Unfortunately I can't get away with a curry at Christmas in our house!

Current location (optional) Edinburgh

Sorry that I'm late with my greetings (been on holidays and touching a computer is like being at work). Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that the Christmas Bunny was kind to you. Have a fantastic New Year which sees us all in good health and looking and feeling younger.

On the topic of Christmas curry, I can't avoid it, my wife is Indian, but I do draw the line at chili and corriander in my Yorkshire pud

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-1961

Current location (optional) Blue Mountains, Australia via Haworth