KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Your first crush

Wow. All these names coming to the surface after all these years.
I'd forgotten Clive Boston. He was a friend for a while at kbgs. Lived near the chip shop at the bottom of Victoria Road.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

Thanks, Brian.

Your assiduity does you proud.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana

Re the Ancestry business. Don't know why I didn't think of this before, I have the Complete Census Discs for Yorkshire for the years 1841--1851--1861--1871--and 1891. The 1881 is available on line courtesy the Latter day Saints .
Now ,within reason, I will look up any info for any one who can supply a few details like approx dates and addresses . Might be useful to some one .

Current location (optional) Tasmania

The link referred to by Mike is http://www.familysearch.org
This is a free site. I also repeat my willingness to look up anything on Ancestry.Com, whether a census, birth/marriage/death, parish record , military record(WW1, Boer War), criminalrecord etc etc

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

To Brian and Doug. Regarding Rita; I am informed that Rita is no longer 'with' Ken Narey, a union which ended some years ago. She lives in a the small village of Laz in Brittany, with another member of the Myers family, Barrie's youngest brother, Christopher!! I learned this information from yet another of the Myers' family, a brother named Malcolm. The world gets smaller still!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) Keighley

Ah yes Shaun, he rings a bell now, we always preferred that F & C run by Mr and Mrs Emsley who lived in Malsis Rd.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Didn't know (or don't remember!) any of these people myself, but that lass Shirley must have been really smitten to wed a bloke called Shaw. The ultimate in alliterative names or what?!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958 - 65

Current location (optional) Dudley