KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Whatever happened to ..........?

http://www.amazon.com/Schylling-PG-Potato-Gun/dp/B0006GK8H8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408298123&sr=8-2&keywords=potato+gun

Yours for only $3.32. Do not use in Missouri.

Good news, Shaun.........

"Completely harmless but completely fun,

it's hours of outdoor fun (and very easy to clean)

For ages 6+"

Get in there while you still have qualification

:-) :-)

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana

I loved my spud gun, as a retired Army officer, I'm fascinated by all sorts of weaponry, my grandson and I tried to build a potato cannon, very limited success because of compressor failure. Still great fun.

Our Haworth Co-op number was 362!

One of my favourite weapons are those 'Trebouchet' things they used in the middle ages.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Before my time Brian.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

Did you buy yours at Miller's Brian?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959-66

Current location (optional) Shoreham-by-Sea

As a frequent bus passenger always had a soft spot for the KDG`s I think I travelled on all these based at Kly. KDG26 is now a preserved"celebrity!" Remember KBGS pupils piling off the rear platform at the top of Goulbourne St at 12:25 as the `bus changed gear on its crash`box. So it was stationary at the junction with Victoria Rd. You were "cool"in those times if you jumped off there instead of waiting to alight properly at the Bus Stop opposite Holycroft School.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959-66

Current location (optional) Haworth

I actually built a small trebuchet. The are an interesting machine, it took me a while to work out that they are not flinging machines, rather they are slingers. It is just a much bigger version of a sling on a stick

Current location (optional) Blue Mountains via Haworth