KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Celebrity

Not "The Life of Brian", surely?

But none of us has celebrity status ! I suppose Rev Brian Goodall who has just retired from Baptist ministry in Dewsbury , was well known in his town.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Speak for yourself!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958 - 65

Current location (optional) Dudley, West Midlands

Who?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959-66

Current location (optional) Shoreham-by-Sea

Now ! Now !

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana

Just remembered about 5 years ago I shared a taxi from Crewe to Liverpool with Shelagh Fogerty (from Radio 5 Live ). Problem on line and Shelagh quickly asked four of us if we would share a taxi (£80) , rather than wait an hour whilst they got replacement buses together.

LOL. Its in the paper today Shelagh is leaving Five Live (or has got the sack!)

"Just remembered" - chatted up Hattie Jacques and Benny Lee - guests at a Rag Dance in 1962. Grilled Hattie about Eric and had my accent taken into analysis by Benny who declared he too was a northerner - from Leeds. With the crassness of youth, I ventured - "you mean the Holy City?". He laughed it off, happily.

Later they were introduced from the platform - the Rag Sec. naming Benny Lee as Benny Hill. He was corrected by Benny who pointed out that Hill was the one who made the money.

I liked Benny Lee who was one of the witty bunch who appeared in Bernard Braden's radio shows (Breakfast with Braden, Bedtime with Braden ) and later on TV. They included Braden's wife, Barbara Kelly,Pearl Carr and Nat Temple.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana