KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Wireless

Jacobs was a consummate broadcaster. Another disc-spinner whom no-one remembers much now was Jack Jackson, a pioneer in cutting comedy snippets and other sound clips into his record shows. Previously a jazz trumpeter and band leader, he became better known as a DJ in the fifties and sixties.

Hi Terry, I noted your comment about having had 2 postings rejected as Spam on this particular thread. I have had a similar experience, again with 2 postings, on the 'Ancestry' thread posted by Brian Moate. Exasperating!! I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem? David

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) Keighley(still)

A certain English teacher used to publish "The Muse", a poetry anthology every so often and one of these found its way onto the Wireless. I remember receiving a postal order from the B.B.C.for about five shillings for broadcasting my poem in the "Muse"

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959-66

Current location (optional) HAWORTH

Thanks, David and Allan, for your sympathy.

It is the loss of your gem (ie rare recollection) that grieves - especially if you can't remember what it was about. I think the solution might be to draft the "original" in Word; copy it; then paste it into the Forum. Then if owt untoward happens, you still have the draft to fall back on.

I think maybe the problem is in failing eyes getting past the "Please type the letters you see (?)" bit.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana