KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Birthday Greetings.

Thank you Bill, Brian and Denis! Well, I did make it!! Some 22 birthday cards received and a wonderful show at The Alhambra that evening. The stage show of 'Warhorse' is a must-see experience if the opportunity ever comes your way.
Whilst posting this reply I must comment on a recent news item in the Keighley News( 22nd May), regarding Bill Walsh. Apparently Bill was in a café in New Zealand with a friend and got into conversation with someone whose mother was evacuated from Guernsey to Cross Roads during WW2. Her maiden name was Monica Ozanne, a surname which immediately 'rang a bell' with Bill. To cut the story short, Bill learned that the same lady now lives only 25 minutes away from where he lives now and has since met up with her and talked about old times in Cross Roads, seventy years ago!!! What a lovely story, Bill!!
Regards, David

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) Keighley(still)

Re: Birthday Greetings.

hi David, thanks for that. Pleased to hear that you had a good birthday. I still can't get over the amazing coincidence-of all the cafes in Auckland, all the people and the exact time my mate suggested we go across the road for a coffee and he knew this couple, introduced me, and I picked up on the different accent. When my wife and I eventually caught up with Monica and her husband, we had a lovely session and we worked it out that at that time when she was evcuated to Cross Roads she was 15 and I was 7. When her daughter told me her mother's name, it rang a bell and I said so but I clearly remembered Patsy Ozanne and the lass was quite excited and said that was her auntie. Small world comes true eh? Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Auckland, New Zealand