KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Yorkshire Humour

A group of young whizz kids from London were having a few days break in a cottage in the Pennines. The city analyst went out for a spin in his Porsche one afternoon but it spluttered to a halt along a little lane.
He could see a farmer in a field a couple of hundred yards away but, not wanting to appear completely incompetent, he lifted the bonnet and poked around. He became aware that he was being watched, turned round and saw a sheep with its' head over the wall about three feet away staring intently at the engine.
It slowly moved its' gaze towards him and said "Ah reckon yer've brokken a camshaft."
He was amazed and very excited. He ran down the lane to the farmer and said "Are those your sheep in that field?"
"Aye."
"Well one of them can talk. He's just told me what's wrong with my car."
"Wor it yon tup wi't brokken 'orn?"
"Yes it did have a broken horn - but it can TALK. It told me what was wrong with my car."
"Tek no notice. E' naws nowt abaht cars."

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds