KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The natural order of things...

This appeared among my e-mal messages today, from where I have no idea. However, I'm sure that followers of this thread will appreciate it...

Federal Court Ruling on 7-Y-O Boy....

CANBERRA -

A seven-year-old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the English Cricket team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Doug

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Mid-Lancashire/ East Yorkshire

It's about time that only players who were actually born in England were selected. That goes for the coaching staff also, as far as I am concerned.

Like him or not, and I DO, Geoff Boycott speaks, and always has, A LOT OF SENSE!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959 - 1966

Current location (optional) Shoreham-by-Se

It's about time that only players who were actually born in England were selected. That goes for the coaching staff also, as far as I am concerned.

Like him or not, and I DO, Geoff Boycott speaks, and always has, A LOT OF SENSE!

If Yorkshire players are as good as Brian suggests then they should be selected but as long as we have so many South Africans , and Piertersen in particular, in OUR team then we'll never do anything.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959 - 1966

Current location (optional) Shoreham-by-Se

By the natural order, do you mean an even balance?; for according to Wikipedia Australia have won 32 series to England's 31 (this series inc).

But to make sure I don't let this slight imbalance disturb me, I get out and play my 3 disc DVD set "The Ashes - The greatest series" (ie 2005) And that puts a different perspective on the stats - mysticism? No - mastery!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana

LOL Terry, I think they will play Ballance in last test, but probably Bresnan will not play as they will give Boyd Rankin a go.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Thanks, Brian. The job's yours.

See what I mean, Doug?

We will know in about 4hrs what the team is, I suppose there's a chance we might get 4 Yorkshire players, but 3 is more likely.

Oops, got that wrong, they kept Carberry and dropped Root. Carberry promptly got a duck !

Root hasn't an impressive record against Australia. Take out his top score and his average is around 20. Not good enough for a "top order batsman".

Alec that's true, but hes done better than Carberry. His off spin may be useful too.

......and just noticed Root took two catches fielding as a 'sub' !

All Fall Down !!!!!