KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: REUNION 2013

Best wishes for the reunion, I will be there in spirit if not the flesh.
Chris

Even more incentive to attend next year:

Yorkshire - God's own country is the best place in Europe
Yorkshire beats off competition from popular cities, among them Paris, Rome, Barcelona and Florence, to be named Europe's leading destination 2013

Good wishes from Auckland too guys. I had my unexpected visit to Keighley in April so twice in one year isn't on for me. Fortunately I did catch up with David Seeley again and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed his company. I will raise a glass or two to you all this weekend. Best wishes to all. ps I have now located a store in Auckland, well, the North Shore of Auckland, which sells Landlord beer. Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Auckland,NZ

It was a really good do. Thanks Doug (and Gill). Enjoy Oz.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

Another KBGS reunion success , Thanks to all.
It was another good opportunity to meet new, old faces .
I got into conversation with a new reunion attender whose label revealed he was at KBGS a year or so before me.
In conversation we discovered that we were from contiguous districts of Keighley; knew the same group of contemporaries from that district; supported the same out-of-school organisations. I knew I must know him. But still I couldn’t put a fix on him.
We sat together at lunch. But still I didn’t know who he was beyond his teasing name tag which didn’t mean a lot to me.
Then, whilst enjoying the sumptuous buffet lunch, I had an Old Boy’s Moment . I realised who he was – in the context of all the other Old Boys we both knew.
He can be seen second from the left , at the rear of the rugby photo for the Colts 1953-4.
That’s how I remember him. He didn’t look a bit like that last Friday – well: just a little bit.
But then neither do I (or most of the rest of us) look like we did in those days gone by,
And if you met us, would you want to talk to us anyrooad?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana

I have just uploaded the full attendance List for September's Reunion. Sorry it is so late but we are just back from Australia, for which we departed immediately after the event. Photos will follow over the next few days.

The newly posted list is situated in the Web's 'Reunion' Folder (p 15)

Doug

Current location (optional) East Yorkshire

I have just uploaded several photographs from the Reunion. Apologies that they are so late but Australia intervened. I find there are several I am not able to upload, including four big group photos, because, apparently, they are too big - my new camera being awash with pixels. Anyone have any suggestions - in language a camera dummy can understand?

Doug

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Mid-Lancashire/ East Yorkshire

Doug, display picture on computer screen and right click. Then 'Open with' then 'Paint' then 'Resize' Change figs of 100% to say 50%. Close and it will ask you if you want to save. Save it and the pic will now be about a quarter of original pixels. Obviously you can use lower figs or higher figs to adjust pixel count.

Well thats the way I do it. There may be other ways.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Many thanks, Brian, that worked a treat!

Doug

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Mid-Lancashire/ East Yorkshire