KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Article in the Telegraph and Argus

You misread it John. I posted the article and the details which you assumed referred to yourself referred to me. I was at school during the period 45 - 50 and it is I who lives in Norfolk. I too remember the Gordale Scar resurrection painting by Harry . I guess it would have been "binned" years ago. Was the old art room consumed in the flames?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945 - 50

Current location (optional) Norfolk

Re: Article in the Telegraph and Argus

Well done John ,it's good to hear of your success with the books . I well remember the party Peter and I attended at your house . The star event being the "Shocking Machine " where we sat in a circle , joined hands , and then on connecting to the generator waited as the voltage built up to see who let go first . The next time we met was in the bar at Leeds University in 1953 after I had played in a football match there . Sorry to read about your bad spell of health and hope you are managing well . We never know what is around the corner at eighty .
You will have seen your photo on the cricket section with the Holy Trinity team . Seems a long time ago now
Best wishes , Mike

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 43-46

Current location (optional) Tasmania