KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old Boy John Haygarth's Larks Ascending

"I was searching the web to try and locate Mr. Haygarth's relatives, after he sadly died in 2007, returning from Italy. He had worked on research on our WW1 casualties in Framlingham which had never been properly done. Thanks to your forum I found his son's contact number, and was able to approach him and obtain the rough copy of the work, which has been put into print, and in book form is now on line. It is of course, of huge interest to the people of Framlingham, since it concerns local men who lost their lives - but anyone who may remember Mr. Haygarth, may like to see his work. It is called Larks Ascending", Evelyn M Empson (Mrs)

Link to the work, which has an intro that mentions John's Keighley upbringing, here

Current location (optional) Singapore

Re: Old Boy John Haygarth's Larks Ascending

Thanks for that Chris, I know Framlingham well, my wifes a Suffolk lass and came from a few miles away

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Nice pic of John at the foreword to the book. He didn't change much over the years.

That's the first time I've seen how Haggis looked later in life. He was a good-looking lad at school and remained so. Long gone the days of going with him to Valley Parade and Park Avenue. John was a good mate. Very sad.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-66

Well, it's time we all saw how you look "later in life", Alan.
Come on, post a recent photo!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958 - 65

Current location (optional) Dudley, West Midlands

Yeah please do. Brian C and I both appear in the 'Now' section of the photos.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Brian Craven
Well, it's time we all saw how you look "later in life", Alan.
Come on, post a recent photo!

I haven't aged at all, Brian. Just imagine me as I was at school, if you remember. That's what I do with everyone. It's a bit like sitting in the grim reaper's waiting room here.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-66

That's right. Saw Al in Stamford a few years ago. He was still wearing the striped blazer.

allan jones
That's right. Saw Al in Stamford a few years ago. He was still wearing the striped blazer.

Absolutely.My opening line to you was "Peggy Su, Peeegy Sue." Instant recognition. Hope you're keeping well and still playing the blues.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-66

Certainly am! Pity there's no Stamford Guitar Festival any more...