KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Timothy Taylors Landlord in Soho

What an amazing coincidence. Last week I went to dine at a rather pleasant beachfront restaurant in Geelong and as I was browsing the drinks menu I was gobsmacked to see - yes, you guessed, Timothy Taylor's Landlord.
Naturally I ordered a bottle, well I had 2 actually, and I have forwarded a photo of this memorable event for Chris to place in the appropriate photo section.
A very nice drop I must say!

The image is in the 'miscellaneous' section.

Did it say where it was brewed,Trevor?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55-60

Current location (optional) Harrogate.

and how much was it Trev?

trevor pickles
What an amazing coincidence. Last week I went to dine at a rather pleasant beachfront restaurant in Geelong and as I was browsing the drinks menu I was gobsmacked to see - yes, you guessed, Timothy Taylor's Landlord.
Naturally I ordered a bottle, well I had 2 actually, and I have forwarded a photo of this memorable event for Chris to place in the appropriate photo section.
A very nice drop I must say!

You will have to take me there next time I'm over Trevor!!!Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

Trevor; A good photo and a nice story to go with it. It reminded me of two similar occurences whilst on holiday. Back in '99,I was in Vancouver, atop Grouse Mountain having traveled by cable car with 98 other people to enjoy the wonderful view over the city. We( I was with 3 ladies), made our way to an outdoor bar/cafe gasping for a drink and when I asked what beers were available the first one offered was 'Newcastle Brown Ale', which I duly ordered. These North England Beers certainly travel well!
The other occasion was only last year when I was in Salt Lake City staying at the Marriott Hotel. The first morning when I rolled up for breakfast with the rest of our group, there on the table was a small tub containing 'Yorkshire Tea', blended, as we all know, by Taylors of Harrogate. Talk about a little bit of "home from home", a long way from home!
I checked my photo gallery and found evidence of my memories which I have managed to upload onto the 'Miscellaneous' section. Look for the empty bottle on the table.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) Keighley

G'day Pete,
the 500ml bottle was $7.50 (aus) which equates to 4.8 pounds sterling on today's rate, and as a British pint is equivalent to 568mls it seems I paid a significant amount more than you chaps - but then it has had to travel all this way downhill.
Bill, that's a deal!

trevor pickles
G'day Pete,
the 500ml bottle was $7.50 (aus) which equates to 4.8 pounds sterling on today's rate, and as a British pint is equivalent to 568mls it seems I paid a significant amount more than you chaps - but then it has had to travel all this way downhill.
Bill, that's a deal!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

You need to get down to the 'Crosse Keys' on Gracechurch Street - a Wetherspoons house where it's far cheaper!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959 - 1966

Current location (optional) Lancing/Shoreham-by-Sea