KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cross Roards Juniors WBL Winners 1952

Thanks Bill Walsh for the photo showing my brother and all the members of the team
Unfortunately Malcolm has terminal cancer and his activities are restricted but he will be pleased with the memory

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959-1966

Current location (optional) cumbria

Re: Cross Roards Juniors WBL Winners 1952

David, I am so sorry to hear this. I had heard that Malcolm was not well but didn't know it was so bad. We had a reunion when I was over last time in 2009, seven of us from the 1952 team. 5 of us former KBGS lads. For most of us in the team, we went back to starting at Lees primary school together or within a couple of years of each other in the early 1940s. We played all our football and cricket together up until 17/18 age group when we went different ways. Every Sunday afternoon we played football in Cross Roads park and had some good lads, some of whom had trials with City, Park Avenue or Burnley. I'll drop Malcolm a note if you think that will be ok.Just confirm the street number for me. On reflection though I can perhaps get this from Geoffrey who I feel sure will know it. Thanks David. ps I remember you well but you were just a little fella when I left the village in Jan. 1954!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ