KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Keighley goes global

You know when we are truly living in a global village when you browse the sports channels (on your Singapore TV) and notice "Coming up...Rugby: Keighley v. Leigh"

By the way, if you click on the map of the world that is at the bottom of the KBGS home page you can see the site visitor statistics. The top towns represented for UK visitors (from 16 Jan 2010 to 16 May 2012) are:

Leeds 4,507
Bradford 2,055
London 1,706
Kirklees 684
Warrington 671
Lincolnshire 570
Lancashire 509
Kingston upon Hull 357
Renfrewshire 355
Derby 304
etc

Re: Keighley goes global

Shame about the result

Keighley 0 - 26 Leigh
Ridyard, McNally (2), Pownall (2),
Goals: Ridyard (3)

Congratulations to Chris Firth on the cluster statistics. Just shows that Keighlians and their supporters are scattered all over the planet. A very interesting addition to the website. My question, and I may have missed something, there seems to be no statistics for Keighley itself.

The Old Boy's diaspora.(Translated as - "most of us had the good sense to leave")

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55-60

Current location (optional) Harrogate.

Alec Jackson
The Old Boy's diaspora.(Translated as - "most of us had the good sense to leave")

That brought out a chuckle from me Alec. I left Keighley in 1954 as a 17 year old and never regretted it. As I get on a bit I do get a bit nostalgic and I enjoy my visits home. Always pleased to fly back into Auckland though.Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

I suppose we all "suffer" from nostalgia on occasion, Bill,but it is wanting to return to a time rather than a place and it can be disappointing.

P.S. Another thing I've noticed - the older you get, the better it was!

Alec Jackson
P.S. Another thing I've noticed - the older you get, the better it was!

Just like our sports ability. The older I get, the better I used to be!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

Smith House ??

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana

Ouch!