KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Keighley Beer Festival

6-8 September, has a new venue. Central Hall, in Alice St. Where school dinners were served and the 1st formers had their form rooms upstairs. A chance for a nostalgic noee about and a few pints sounds too good to miss.

Re: Keighley Beer Festival

Hope the beer goes down well.

One other use of "the annexe" was for GCE "O" and "A" Level exams. This became the venue for external exams which had previously been Temple Street Methodists' Sunday school hall. I'll never forget the string of profanities that spilled from the mouth of a fellow candidate who realised as he walked from the Alice Street building that he had confused the American Civil War with the American Revolution in one of his answers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana

Yeah I had classes upstairs with the late 'Percy Peart' as form master. Since retirement Im missing being in Yorkshire middle part of every week, It would have been good to go back into the Central Hall

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Just do it Brian! You don't need permission. Plenty of chaps go along there alone. IW will be there, so will Bill Whammonds and Bill Bracewell. What more do you need.

Petrol costs for 2hr each way drive prohibitive, and after beer I can't drive back so need overnight stay ! Until Easter I was staying over 2 nights a week at Otley Chevin Hotel

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Is it not still open?
Must look next time.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana