KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PREDICTION!

Regarding the future of the K.B.G.S.building and the Kly College Campus in Cavendish St.I prophesy that the "ethnic majority" in Kly will obtain a massive grant from Bfd.Council to convert the empty premises into flats etc.
Why?I have read that the prestigious "Arcade" on North St plus the old Turner and Wall Offices are to be refurbished as shops and 19 flats and have received £700K plus in Grants from Bfd. The properties in question have been bought by "ethnic majority"businessmen and whilst one does`nt believe everything one reads in a newspaper one must admire the faith these people have in the future of Kly by preserving the past.!!Are they?
My guess is that this "entrepreneurial" spirit will move on the "Campus".
It`s time something was done with these buildings.Several years ago I wrote to the local"rag" and proposed a greenfield site.I suppose now one should just"watch this space" and hope some thing gets done by whatever means!