KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
contact ex KBGS

My name is Bruce Russell, and I am trying to find a man who was at KBGS the same time as me 1951-56. We both lived at Broomhill Ingrow. His name is Ronnie Burnett, and I have some news for him. If you know of his whereabouts please tell him. I can also be found on Face Book (Bruce Russell Keighley).

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-56

Current location (optional) Keighley

Re: contact ex KBGS

Hi Bruce,

I sat by Ronnie Burnett in D2 (D Corridor)in 4A (1955-6) - right under the nose of Wilbur Bloomfield.

If you find him - put him in touch with me. I think he went into the merchant navy.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana

Re: contact ex KBGS

Hi Terry - thanks for your reply - I am trying to contact Ronnie because I have found something belonging to him (lost for many years). P.S looking at the enlargement of the Mechanics fire photo, I can see the advert for the rock and roll dance with my old band The Beat Squad advertised. We played there the night of the fire - hot band!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-56

Current location (optional) Keighley