KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re-union 2012 ?

If there is to be one I shall be very interested in attending.
Joe Galvin
jogalvin@blueyonder.co.uk

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1941-1948

Current location (optional) Silsden

Re: Re-union 2012 ?

Joe, I just came on line to put up the notice, having had confirmation of the date this morning! The reunion will take place on Friday, 21 September, in the KRFUC club house - as always - from mid-day to late afternoon. Price details to follow. All wives and partners welcome!

MAKE A NOTE IN YOUR DIARIES.

Doug

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Padiham

Re: Re-union 2012

Just a reminder that the Reunion is still going ahead on Friday, 21st September, from mid-day to latish afternoon; the usual venue, KRUFC Club House at Rose Cottage, Utley (See the Red message on the Home Page for further details). To date there are just over 30 takers - pretty good by previous years' experience!

I shall be away on holiday from tomorrow, Thursday, until Friday 14th September, so don't panic if you have recently sent me a cheque and it hasn't been cashed yet.

Gill and I look forward to seeing those of you who can make it, in just over two weeks' time.

Doug

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) East Yorkshire/Lancashire

I've just heard from David Seeley that Jan Rothram and David Kirkley, of the Keighley and District Historical Society, will be with us on Friday and that they will be bringing along four display boards of photographs relating to the history of the School. It is not too late for any waverers to sign up for the Reunion on Friday. If anyone has any photos themselves that might be of interest to the Society then please bring them along.

I must know final numbers, however, by noon on Wednesday (payment by cheque on the day).

Doug

Unfortunately I will be unable to join you this time. Please convey my regards, affection and well wishes to all the old boys of KBGS. We are a remarkable Band of Brothers.
We few, we happy few-and getting fewer as time passes.

Re: Reunion 2012

The 'official' photographs from last Friday's 'do' are now uploaded under 'Reunions'. I look forward to seeing others' photos 'ere long.

Thanks to everyone who came - from the comments we've had so far it seems to have been enjoyed by most people, so we'll stick with the notion of an annual gathering, for the time being.

Doug

Pleased to report that we did manage to have a report on the Reunion in the Keighley News this week(Oct 4th),together with a photograph of Doug Thompson with 3 former teachers; Paul Greenwood,"Spike" Rannard and Henry Bird. Someone told me that the same article also appeared in the Telegraph & Argus earlier in the week
Just out of interest and for those of you who might be wondering, John Rannard(son of 'Spike')told me at the Reunion, that his father will be 95yo in December of this year. Remarkable!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) Keighley

The article here.

Current location (optional) Singapore