KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A rare book from 1888-89 awarded to a first form student.

Dear Gareth
Thank you for your reply. The book was left in an apartment that I had leased to someone, along with other books on The History of England and some old classical literature. I could not bear to toss the books out with the rubbish. I have no connection with the school but because the book is in such good condition I thought that it should be part of your school's archival history. A pity that the student, James Craig could not be located.
My email address should anyone want this book is leoniecal@hotmail.com
kind regards
Leonie Callaghan

Current location (optional) Sydney Australia

Dear Doug
I appreciate your reply and have posted further information to Gareth
Cheers
Leonie

Current location (optional) Sydney Australia

In which suburb was the flat? I have lost a lot of books in this way over the years. I think that my last book loss from moving was in North Bondi

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958 - 61

Current location (optional) Blue Mountains via Haworth

The book, The British Hive was left in an apartment in Baulkham Hills, NSW. I now have a B&B in Manly, NSW and my current guests are from Yorkshire, and have offered to return the book to the school when they return home in March, 2012. I am very pleased that it will be back in the school where it was awarded to James Craig, in 1889. Marvelous.
Perhaps one day I will visit the school myself, just to complete my relationship with it's history.

Current location (optional) Manly, NSW, Australia.