KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Best wishes to kbgs.com and all who sail in her. Shortly leaving for Switzerland to get my annual dose of snow, ice and cold - it's wonderful after 350 days of tropical weather!

Current location (optional) Singapore

Re: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Enjoy yourselves, Chris, as I'm sure you will. Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year. Take care on the slippery slopes!

Doug and Gill

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Betwixt and between

Also greetings from downunder! Thank you Chris for your efforts in maintaining this link for the old boys. Best wishes to all on here. Regards, Bill.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

Meery Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
Chris , I was hoping to come to Singapore again before I retire end March, but now its not necessary. It was a delight to meet you and your family on three or four occasions. Anyway I'll still be around on the forum.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

"Meery Christmas" - I see Brian's been at the port early this year, or was it a typo?
Merry Christmas to you too Chris, and may I add my thanks to the others. Your description of moving from the heat to chilly climes when you go to Switzerland has a certain resonance with the way the weather has changed in Yorkshire over the past few weeks.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

May I add my owngood wishes to all the former KBGSers for the Xmas season and many thanks again Chris for keeping this valuable site alive.

Merry Christmas to each and everyone of us, may we all be here to read and send Christmas wishes next year as well.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-61

Current location (optional) Blue Mountains, Australia via Haworth

And just a little 'festive' joke in case it 'goes quiet in the Snug'! Have you heard the one about the overweight,alchoholic cross-dresser who loved to eat, drink and be 'Mary'? Or,on similar lines; Have you heard about the dislexic,agnostic insomniac who would lie awake all night wondering if there really was a Dog? Merry Christmas!!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) Keighley(still)

As well as the dYslexic who went to a toga party dressed as a goat - Hohoho!!!!

Merry Christmas to all from the heart of the Philippines. Arthur. Hope to be aroubnd a while longer to enjoy the company on KBGS.

Why is dyslexia such a hard word to spell?

Could it be all part of a plot by teachers of reading to give to their essential work a measure of respect that is withheld by those who think it's as easy as "Janet and John", "Nip and Fluff" and "Cumjecum"?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana

Aaah! The Happy Trio. They don't make 'em like that nowadays.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

Does the terrorist organisation of the 50's,still exist I wonder? It put the fear of eternal damnation into every schoolboy's heart.I refer, of course to Al Gebra.