KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whence kbgs.com?

Those of us who regularly visit this site, grateful to Chris for its origination, could be excused for thinking it has become moribund.

We might consider where it goes next - if at all.

I know - from my own acquaintances that many of our generation believe it to be regressive to revisit the (our) past.

It would appear -at this moment - that this view is shared by old boys of KBGS visiting this forum - but leaving no trace or further contribution.

With such a scarce set of ideas I would modestly suggest that visitors contribute their views as to where this site goes next:......

anecdotes of school recollections; updating of info about old boys and staff; an exchange of views from a common constituency about a shared experience; - or whatever else constituents may deem desirable.

I would appreciate other registered visitors sharing their opinions with these columns so that there could be some revitalisation of this potentially fecund resource.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana

Re: Whence kbgs.com?

Sorry.

For "Whence" read "Whither"

- hopefully not "Wither" !!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana

I think that the fire and the "old" school closing was a watershed and it's "whether" we bother to carry on beyond a time when the participants have been "whittled" down to a precious few. Personally I believe it is worth carrying on for the meal alone! But I can envisage a time when there will only be Spike and I left.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55-60

Alec is right... and so is Terry's plea for more active participation. I know of several people who enjoy the site but rarely contribute, for whatever reason, modesty, lack of 'technical' confidence, or whatever. Alec is right too about the 'watershed', whose reality is very apparent at the biennial reunions, when the event is shunned by the majority whose schooling was on two sites. I have fixed a tentative date for the next reunion, breaking the mould of 'biennial', for next year, 2012, for Friday 21 September. I have not yet approached KRUFC about hosting the event and am still open to suggestions for alternative dates.

Fingers out, lads!

Doug

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Padiham, Lancashire