KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re John Michael(Mick) Green

Noted in today's Keighley News, is the passing of Michael Green, peacefully at Airedale General Hospital on August 2nd. Mick was in my form all through my time at School and went on to become Head Boy in years to follow. Son of a Farnhill butcher, he became a well-known Vetenary Surgeon in Keighley, where he worked all his life. A Service of Thansgiving will be take place at St. Andrews Church, Kildwick on Wednesday, August 31st at 2.00 pm.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) Keighley(Still)

Re: Re John Michael(Mick) Green

David,
Sad to read of the death of Mike Green.
A couple of months ago, following a visit to another contemporary of ours, Ronald Robert Burgess [Cowling] who was a great friend of Mike Green, I tried to re-establish contact with Mike. I received no reply to my letter. I presume he must have been to ill to respond. Coincidentally, I was with Ron in Amersham on 11th May, when we were told of the death of Howard Binns, another ex Head Boy.
See you at the beginning of September - 'if the fates allow!'

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) Norfolk UK