KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
X - FACTOR

When I passed my 11+ my mother etc. was ecstatic. Was this the X factor locally?
Having been cocooned in the K.B.G.S.mould for 7 years should this "experience" have been the "passport" to a wonderful life. Obviously some K.B.G.S. pupils appear to have become very sucessful whilst others have had to deal with a rotten hand of cards.
The K.B.G.S.friends who I am in contact with appear to have done very well out of life but what interests me regarding this website when one is down does the "bond" of K.B.G.S.kick in or as in the University of Life mode one takes the attitude of "I`m alright Jack " . In other words when a K.B.G.S person gets into a hole does a K.B.G.S. person help?I think not thinking about previously dumped successful X factor contestants.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959 -66

Current location (optional) HAWORTH

Re: X - FACTOR

I very much doubt it, JF. Unless they have been friends for years anyway. I don't think the "Old Boy" network extends to Grammar School Oiks!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55-60

Current location (optional) Harrogate

Re: X - FACTOR

John, if you are looking for a job and you're in the neighbourhood, drop in