KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
old cricket cap for bowling 1937?

Hello -my Dad passed away 10.1.2011, age 88. I possess his old cap (also cricket flannels) won as best bowler (I think) for either 1937or9. Where is the best place for KBGS archives (if any) pls. as I don't want it to be destroyed when I go. Think Frank Wellock won the following year. I have never been very sporty myself, but Dad was very keen. Thanks.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) c.1933-1939

Current location (optional) late of Cowling

Re: old cricket cap for bowling 1937?

I am sorry to hear of your father's passing. I remember you posting a message about him, maybe a couple of years ago. I hope there were people who managed to contact him from his era at KBGS. As far as I know - but other contributors to this site may know better - there is no KBGS archive and in that case, I'm sure that the Keighley museum at Cliffe Castle would be more than happy to receive the cap and flannels, and display them as they can be authentically documented. I hope this helps, but it may be that others come up with a better solution.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Cottingham, East Yorkshire

Re: old cricket cap for bowling 1937.

Thanks, will have a word with staff at Cliffe Castle - a nice outing anyway!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) c.1933-39

Current location (optional) died 10.1.2011 late of Cowling

I guess the alternative is Keighley History Society, who I believe have been collecting a number of Keighley memorabilia. Suggest contact via their website http://keighleyhistory.proboards.com

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

If he played club cricket after he left school, might they be interested?
Most clubhouses have a display cabinet.