KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Festive season quiz

Good cause, good quiz, good fun!

You'll have another cheque from me in the New Year terry. I can't promise to make good the shortfall in funding caused by Eric's cuts, but be assured there's at least one Pickles who is not without compassion.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945 - 1950

Current location (optional) Norfolk UK

Thanks, Denis.

The cause is central. It is the fun and "torture" that I like to promote. It takes a sado-masochist to recommend it.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

It's that time of the decade - again ! When I offer you a free quiz/competition to brighten up the corners of your Christmas Do.

Today is the first time in 5 years - since the last offer - so line up for the 19th issue of the Acorn Village Quiz

Each year, at this time , and for the last 19 years, I have devised a factual/cryptic themed quiz - and this year the topic is "RIVERS" - giving you Old Keighlians an opportunity to Aire your wit and wisdom. I love it when the answers flood in !

If you want to make your family party go with a bit of unity, I will send you a copy of this quiz as an attachment (for free) if you email me at terry.marston@hotmail.com

If your party or your partner decide to run with it (or not) send in a solution before January 31st next. Full details are included in the attachment.

The effort is in support of a residential village in Essex for adults with severe learning difficulties (vulnerable adults - view www.acornvillages.com / a registered charity No: 1048360).

The quiz is totally without overheads – (all proceeds go to Acorn Village)

Last year, this quiz raised £1K for Acorn. If you have a local/personal charity you support, try this quiz first and if you want to know how I do it, let me know and I will send you an outline programme for you to consider. I have 18 other themes safely filed away.

You can’t sniff at a grand

Current location (optional) Nirvana

After missing last year, for manifold reasons, (and nothing to do with rivers and Flash), opportunistically another quiz in aid of Acorn Village (see previous entries)has emerged - which I am prepared to make available under the terms set out previously via terry.marston@ntlworld.com

Current location (optional) Nirvana