KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Leaving School

Come off it Mike! You didn't have to wait all that long for a reply. Take pity on poor Terry Marston who still awaits a response to his posting, 'Charlie Dorrance and the Dhoon Bay Camp, Kirkcudbright,' logged in at 5.56 am on Setember 18th 2007.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945 - 50

Current location (optional) Norfolk UK

No special ceremony in 1959 either, as far as I can remember. But there must have been a final assembly for that academic year. Didn't the School have speeches from leaving staff (if any) at the final assembly?
I shared Shaun's relief on my final day and if there had been some silly parade of leavers planned I would have tried to escape it, though that probably wouldn't have been as easy as escaping the equally silly ceremony on graduation from university.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1954-59

Current location (optional) Denholme garethwhittaker99@hotmail.com

I have no recollection at all of leaving the school, final day, "ceremonies" or anything else. Perhaps I'll wake up and find I'm still there as a 16 year-old. Now that would be a nightmare!