KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Masters on the Cricket Field-1947

That picture is getting quite an airing! Earlier this evening I was in Downham Market, demonstrating artistic skills and my prowess with a paint brush to members of the local Twinning Club. Before I started, a man in the audience, knowing that I had attended KBGS [it was in the publicity blurb] handed me the Ian Dewhirst, 'Down Memory Lane' clipping from the Keighley News and asked me if I recognised anybody. He was a pupil at KBGS from 1948 [I think that was the date he gave] He remembered Frizzy Berrington, his first form mistress, very well and the dexterity with which she administered clips round the ear. He and Ian Dewirst were in the same form for a while. Ken Snape was his name and he came from Stanbury. Anyone remember him? Pity I didn't have the opportunity to have a longer conversation but I should think I'll be seeing him again in the not too distant future.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945 50

Current location (optional) Norfolk UK

Re: Masters on the Cricket Field-1947

How interesting, Denis. I bump into Ian Dewhirst on a reasonably regular basis when passing through the Town Centre and shall mention Ken Snapes' name to him when next I see him. He will be 2/3 years younger than we two, Denis, but I swear he looks older!! Mind you, he could outwalk the pair of us. No doubt about that! David

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) Keighley