KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Featured photo of me

Grrrrrr. Those of you who have been on line today will have seen a highly distorted picture of me on the 'front page' , so I hope you had a good laugh at my expense ! I was slim then, and that photo is even fatter than I am now !

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Re: Featured photo of me

actually the photo randomly changes for every visitor so it's unlikely that anyone else saw it!

Chris Firth
actually the photo randomly changes for every visitor so it's unlikely that anyone else saw it!

Oh I see,I thought it was a 'pic of the day'

Is that really 'slim' Brian or should it have been 'slimmer'?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 59-65

Current location (optional) Embsay

Well I was 10 stone when I married at age 24, and am 14 stone now !

My weight, aged 24, was about where you are now Brian. Similar "appreciation" over the intervening years makes mine proportionately less, though!

Just like you, I too was aghast one day to encounter my image at age 60 displayed front page, imagining it to be
"pic(k) of the day" What a relief!

With all those photos on the website what would be the probability of you seeing a picture of yourself?
Fat chance?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

Well, certainly fat!

I was also the "featured: photo at age 58, although "fat" may have been the operative word for Brian, around that time I attended a Regimental do and I found that the trousers of my blues uniform were far too baggy and I reluctantly had to wear the pants I had been issued when I first received my commission at age 25