KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Local History Day

David Kirkley's efforts with the KBGS display at the library last Saturday. Photo here.

Re: Local History Day

At this distance, one can only congratulate David for his efforts to represent the school at this local event. I (and probably others)would very much appreciate some explanation of the context of the event in which he so obviously pulled out the stops.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

Terry Marston
At this distance, one can only congratulate David for his efforts to represent the school at this local event. I (and probably others)would very much appreciate some explanation of the context of the event in which he so obviously pulled out the stops.

Hi Terry
This was a Keighley Local History Day, 11 September, put on by the Keighley & District Local History Society, organised by Jan Perkins. Have a look on site and you will find out all about it.Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

Looking at the K&D History Society web pages there are a couple of nice pictures of trams on North Street/Skipton Road. What routes did Keighley trams cover, when were they introduced and when discontinued? Anybody know?

I think the electric trams ran from October 1904 to December 1924, when they were replaced by tracklesses.
They ran between Utley, Ingrow and Stockbridge.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1937 -1944

Current location (optional) Huntingdon