KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3A Class photo

Just a couple of additions to the legend. The lad sitting front left is George Clarkson, sadly he died at a very young age (30's?) The master is English master Crouch. Gaines first name was Robert.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Re: 3A Class photo

Hope that this jogs your memory Ian:

Back Row:
d/k, d/k, Jim Sunderland, Stuart Humphries, Peter Snow, David R Emmott?, Geoff Clarkson?, Chris Simpson, Alan Cowbourne?, Arnold Lambert, Peter Roberts?, Philip Borril? Steve Chapman
Middle Row:
Fred Binns Broster?, Brian Horton, Ian Procter, d/k, Jeremy Eagles, Jeff Earnshaw, d/k, Peter Manning, Andrew Procter, Steve Mitchell?, Robert Gaines, David R Baldwin, d/k.
Front Row:
George Clarkson, d/k, Derek Crouch (form master) d/k, John Davies?

Unfortunately, George Clarkson died on Boxing Day 1975 aged 27.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959 - 1966

Current location (optional) Embsay

What year is the photo (so i can find it) and is Dave's description above the final version I should use to replace current description?

Its the year below me. So it would have been taken in 1961-2. Maybe the same time as the Form 4X photo.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Updated and here is a direct link to the photo.

Thats me to the right of the bearded wonder Mr Crouch.
Good memories of KGBS and most of the masters especially Basher Braithwaite (sadly deceased) who was still good enough in his retirement to get my daughter through her Maths GCSE. He was a gem

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1960-65

Current location (optional) Wilsden, Bradford

1962 Brian.

Remember?

Photographs were taken every 2 years but, in 1962 we couldn't have a 'panoramic' because of the fire - never understood the reasoning behind that as it didn't affect the playground, so we had indiviual Form photographs instead.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959 - 1966

Current location (optional) Embsay