KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Unforgettable Moments

No surprise to me. Wellock all talk and no expertise.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1961-1969

Current location (optional) Bradford

Peach, the Geography teacher had absolutely no class control and his lessons were a disaster. He had either had too much of it or had been told to get a grip by higher up because he tore into us one afternoon, screaming and shouting and frothing and ended his tirade' ...and I don't want to hear a peep out any one of you.' There was a stunned and respectful silence that lasted about 10 seconds and then Brian Hamilton, sat next to me, either as an act of defiance or brought about sheer terror, let off a squeaker of a fart that pierced the silence. The class dissolved in a riot of laughter.

Only one really, relating to a little short French Master, dark hair and a thin spiv like moustache. We had a lad Smith, always known as Miffie, and this Master was alway picking on him until Miffie walked slowly from the back of the class and laID The Master out cold with one thump. Miffie walked out of school never to be seen or heard of again. The only other memory would be everyEnglish Clas and a full right hook from FRizzie Berrington... I've almost still got the scares !

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1943 to 47 (app)

Current location (optional) Pembrokeshire

I think all my unforgettable moments have been reported as anecdotes on other threads. I've forgotten all the other unforgettable moments, sorry John ...... with the exception, that is, of having to squeeze past the lovely Susan on a very crowded staircase once.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

???Susan , Shaun ????

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral