KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Knock Knock - is there anyone out there?

For so long, I have come into work, switched on my computer, made a cup of tea whilst waiting for everything to boot up and get settled, then I would log in to the forum and catch up with the news whilst enjoying my tea. What has happened, why are we all so quiet? Is it because there is an election looming here in the Land of Oz?

Come on lads, surely there must be summat afoot out thier

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-61

Re: Knock Knock - is there anyone out there?

John - I keep reading it but don't have much KBGS content to add.

I thoroughly recommend this place for anyone's bucket list:
http://www.newzealandsky.com/earthandsky/

Perhaps we could start a vaguely KBGS-related topic, "Which places do you wish to visit before you kick the bucket?" (would it include a return trip to Keighley, for example).

Chris

Chris
John - I keep reading it but don't have much KBGS content to add.

I thoroughly recommend this place for anyone's bucket list:
http://www.newzealandsky.com/earthandsky/

Perhaps we could start a vaguely KBGS-related topic, "Which places do you wish to visit before you kick the bucket?" (would it include a return trip to Keighley, for example).

Chris

You did well to find this Chris. It is indeed a lovely place. Another KBGS old boy lives not toooo far away at Wanaka, John Hammond, who a few have mentioned on here sometimes. David Seeley was down that way a couple of years ago but I'm not sure if he made it to Tekapo. Did you David? In fact David must have been good for NZ tourism-he took about a 1000 photos. I think he liked the place and can understand why I fell in love with NZ nearly 50 years ago. Cheers.Oh, and my bucket list includes return travel to Keighley which I have managed a few times in recent years.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

I stayed 1 night in Wanaka, obviously missed out on seeing an Old Boy.

Yes, Bill; I did make it to Lake Tekapo, a beautiful turquoise green lake fed by the glacial waters from Mount Cook National Park. The best way to view it is by air, which I did, and it was something I wouldn't have missed for the World. Across the lake, up The Godley River which is it's main feed, and round and round the various glaciers and snow-capped mountains, before returning down to the small, grassy landing strip close to Lake Tekapo once again. Unforgettable, and highly recommended!!!Incidentally on the way down we passed a mountain range called 'The Sealey Range', would you believe?
Another beautiful lake(all New Zealand's lakes are beautiful) is Lake Wanaka ,which you mentioned. You pass the lake as you head north from Queenstown through the Southern Alps, looking for the Haarst Pass and the Haarst River which takes you out to the West Coast of South Island. If you've never been to New Zealand, make it one of the 'Must Go' places to visit before you 'pop your clogs'. Money well spent!!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) Keighley(Still)

Correction David, it is Haast------no "r" ! Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

"Another KBGS old boy lives not toooo far away at Wanaka, John Hammond, who a few have mentioned on here sometimes"

Could someone please nail his foot to the floor in front of a computer and make him log into this forum! We all miss him - even though he didn't miss me with his bloody air rifle (BSA .177)

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-1961

Current location (optional) Blue Mountains, Australia via Haworth

Bill, you're too right. Can't think how I got that wrong, twice!! Thanks. Great country you live in,

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) Keighley(Still)