KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Extra Muriel Activities

I have just spent another interesting "journey-break" in the hospitable company of Denis Pickles in deepest Emneth. We ranged over KBGS and Kly/Wth Valley stuff when Denis made an interesting observation: that "you Eastwooders" got more out of the school than Suttoners like himself and other bussed-in travelers.

He claimed to arrive just before school started and left within 10 minutes of the last school bell.This precluded him and others from the maxi/optimum benefits that the school offered:

school societies:- Literary/Debating Society; Music Society; 33 Society; CEWC:

sports training for school teams; gym club and all that sort of stuff;

even being able to trip across North Street to the Reference Library for some research to help with set homework or revision for exams or just to avail oneself of the resources in the Carnegie Library.

Please share your valued experiences of school's societies etc as extra-mural experiences provided by pupils and staff.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

Re: Extra Muriel Activities

Just remembered: Ballroom dancing lessons for 6th formers at KGGS in prep for the Prefects' Darnce.

But I didn't attend. I remember John Gardner was suitably pleased.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

Re: Extra Muriel Activities

Some interesting stuff there Terry that I never knew went on ... but who was Muriel?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds