KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fame

Thinking about how many posts and views about THE FAMOUS KLY. PICKLES has made me think of the following quote:"Everyone has 15 minutes of fame ", or something like that!
Calendar--a Northern News progamme on I.T.V.showed me receiving my O.U. Degree But was passing the 11+ to K.B.G.S. the most important Passport to fame?Was it?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959-66

Current location (optional) HAWORTH

Re: Fame is a fickle food upon a shifting plate..

Pardon.Who is echo anyway ? A poison pen poster or just a mischief maker! Have the guts to show your proper name please . This `site prides itself on its integrity.

Re: Fame

But was passing the 11+ to K.B.G.S. the most important Passport to fame? Was it? [J.F.A./quote]

It can't be, because the (in)famous E.Pickles never did it.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Dudley, West Midlands

Thankyou webmaster for removing the offensive em. Commonsense costs nothing but can be valuable.

Another unsolved posting mystery beyond the scope of a Poirot? Must have something to do with the 59 minute rule for correction - or retraction.
Little sir "echo" has now gone like some Brontean would-be under a previous posting.
Why is it always where Pickles figures that we get these mystery postings,partial lapses and eventual scrubbings?
If so look out Dave and Nick!!!!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln