KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rugby at KBGS

I would like to initiate a posting in which Old Boys of KBGS can record their recollections (serious or humorous) of rugby at KBGS - either in timetabled games, house matches or representative games.
Please - don't be shy!!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

Re: Rugby at KBGS

Rose Cottage circa 1963. Wet and slippery. House match - Longsdon v. somebody else. Jones, slightly obese prop forward, usually to be found miles away from any sign of action, finds himself in some kind of move, ten yards from the try line. Fancy, fast, good looking role model number 8 finds himself with nobody else to pass the ball to, so resorts to Jones, from whose incapable hands the ball flies like a bar of wet carbolic. There follows a hapless dive in a vain effort to catch hold of the escaping ball. Fifteen stone prop forward does head first dive into large pool of cow flap...

Re: Rugby at KBGS

I actually remember that Allan. ! I was Longsdon House Secretary about then. never played much rugby myself , but often went to matches.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral