KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Keighlian

Is there a location for all past copies of "The Keighlian". I am looking in particular for a humerous poem printed in an issue sometime (I think) in 1957 which started as follows. " Join the army and learn a trade, Adventure Travel and get paid etc etc. I would be grateful for some help in this

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1949-1954

Current location (optional) Camberley.Surrey

Re: The Keighlian

I think I have the Keighlian for that year but as I leave for the UK in few hours it will be Mid May before I can look it up . As for past copies of the magazine I have a fair number and will list them on the site when I return.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 43-46

Current location (optional) Tasmania

Got it. In the Keighlian --Summmer 1958

Title , Soldier On !
Covers a page and a half . At the end is the note --
The above piece of paper was found on thje floor of the Assembly Hall and handed over to the Editors. Let us hope the floor is so productive in future generations.
No time to type it so will do in late May Sorry got a plane to catch

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 43-46

Current location (optional) Tasmania

See here.

Fantastic Mike and particularly Chris. I remember seeing this whilst doing my National Service in Cyprus in 1955/6. I did recall seeing it in "The Keighlian" and am pleased you have managed to dig it out. Other people have searched for this on the internet without success although one person recalls the first few lines but related to the RAF. I suppose it is relevant to anyone who did 2 years NS.Thanks again.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1949-1954

Current location (optional) Camberley.Surrey

Actually all the credit should go to Mike, he sent me the image!