KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
E-mail addresses

Could I make a plea for posters on the site to make sure their e-mail addresses are up-to-date? Occasionally, it would seem more appropriate to contact an individual rather than conduct a two-way conversation on matters of interest (probably) only to the pair concerned. There might well be other reasons, too, why one poster wishes to contact another direct. Once or twice I've tried to do this, only to have the message bounce back, presumably because the e-mail address given on originally signing in, years back, is no longer valid.

Would it be a simple enough operation, Chris, to alter e-mail addresses in the signing-in profiles?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Re: E-mail addresses

I agree about not always wanting to make a public reply Doug. But no one following my example of always giving email address alongside "Current location (optional)" and no replies to your posting make me think we are the only ones who care. Do you hate Facebook too?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1954-59

Current location (optional) Denholme (garethwhittaker99@hotmail.com)

I'm with you, Gareth.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

I'm happy to update mine but not sure how to do it.

Like Trevor, I have a feeling mine is incorrect but don't know how to fix.

Current location (optional) melbourne

Chris, could you please instruct?

Thanks

Doug

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

The guestbook entries cannot be edited, so the only way to update your email is create a new guestbook entry.

OK - I'll do that.

John Felvus,
Have you changed your email address recently?
I have tried a few times this week to send you a message, but keep receiving a "failure to deliver" response.
Being deprived of my object of abuse is causing me withdrawal symptoms!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958 - 65

Current location (optional) Dudley, West Midlands

Bantam Cock, just sent you an email with a confirmed address, am awaiting your stream of abuse.

Marcus

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-61

Current location (optional) Blue Mountains, Australia via Haworth