KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
When did Hind die?

While archiving his obit I realised there is no date. Anyone know? The obit said he was 74, but he was reported in a 1970 Keighlian as still alive & well. Yet he retired in 1958 and was headmaster from 1933. Was the obit wrong?

Re: When did Hind die?

Thanks to Derek for pointing out a previous post by David Seeley:

I was looking again at the posting I made regarding the death of Neville Hind and the revelation that he had been wounded and decorated in WW1. One aspect of the item that nattered me a little and that was the dating of the newsclipping, which in turn would have given us his D.o.b., knowing already that he was 74 when he died. I now find out that the year of the clipping was 1972 which means he was born in 1898. The clipping also states that he joined the infantry in 1917, making him only 19 years old at the time. Therefore he must have won the Military Medal when he was some 19/20 years old!!! Amazing!! And we never knew!