KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Compliments of the Season etc

Christmas Eve tomorrow so I probably won't have time to come on here so I just thought I would wish everyone the compliments of the season and best wishes for a healthy New Year.
In particular I would like to say how much I enjoyed meeting up with Doug Thompson and David Seeley in October. David, that was a great Yorkshire pudding you bought me at the Turkey.
To the the visitors to this board, thank you for your company. It is a great link with the old home town which I departed from, almost 56 years ago. Most on here are after me so we didn't meet at school but I have got to know most of you from your posts on here. Terry from Lawkholme- thank you too for your regular email funnies. It all helps to make a small world. I look forward to more contact next year.
Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Auckland, NZ

Re: Compliments of the Season etc

It was great meeting you, Bill, and I hope you and your family have a very Happy Christmas and New Year. Christmas and New Year greetings to all who use this generally heart-warming site. And especially to Chris, who makes it all possible.

Doug

thanks a lot for your greetings, I too have felt a deeper connection with the alma mater since joining this forum, it has also meant a lot to me to re-connect with people I thought had left my life forever.

From the Blue Mountains of Australia, merry Xmas and a bright and prosperous New Year to each and everyone of you, let us hope that we are all still here to send greetings next year.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-61

Current location (optional) Blue Mountains, Australia via Haworth

Like the old entries in the autograph books
"By Hook or by crook,
I'll be first in this book"
In 2010 I wish you all a Happy and above all a Healthy
New Year.
Mike

Current location (optional) Tasmania