KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Don Ranyard

My wife and I have recently returned from a holiday in Australia and New Zealand. When in Melbourne the couple we were staying with introduced us to a friend of theirs, Don Ranyard, mentioning that he was originally from Yorkshire. He turned out to be from Keighley and to be an old boy of KBGS. Don is a number of years older than me and attended the school during and just after the 2nd World War. He emigrated to Australia in the early 1950's. He is still physically fit and active but is suffering from short-term memory loss. However, I was able to introduce him to the KBGS website and he enjoyed himself enormously looking at photographs of boys and teachers he still remembers well. We even found a photograph of Don himself in the Twelfth Night cast of 1945 - he is the lad to be seen at the far left of the photograph. We parted good friends but he probably doesn't remember me now.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1955-1961

Current location (optional) Paisley Scotland